The Hanen Program® - More Than WordsTM
Hybrid Online and In-person Program offered at Miriam Innovation by Hanen Certified S-LP Alissa Azzimmaturo, M.H.Sc. S-LP(C), OOAQ#4847
The More than WordsTM Program offers training to parents of children who have difficulties with communication, social engagement and play skills.
Veuillez noter que cette session est uniquement proposée en anglais.
Description of the Program:
The Hanen Centre® develops and trains S-LPs to provide training programs to parents and educators regarding language stimulation strategies and parent coaching to help parents best help their child communicate.
A PROGRAM FOR PARENTS – TO SUPPORT PARENTS TO BEST HELP THEIR CHILD COMMUNICATE.
The MTW program is for children who are 2-6 years of age that are:
- not yet communicating with words,
- are just starting to communicate with words,
- are starting to communicate in short sentences,
- struggle with communication and play skills / have social skill deficits,
- and/or may or may not have a diagnosis of any neurodevelopmental disorder.
Monday, September 13, 5:45 - 8:15 p.m.
The purpose of this orientation is to understand the requirements and time commitments of the program and determine whether this program is appropriate for you and your child.
- Parent Group Sessions (online): Eight (8) sessions held on Monday evenings from 5:45 - 8:00 p.m., beginning Monday, Sept 27 and ending Monday, Dec 13.
- Individual Session (in person): Four (4) individual sessions with the S-LP and your child on Saturdays spread throughout the program.
- Adherence to the suggested time slots for consultations and video feedback sessions are mandatory and non-flexible in keeping with organization and scheduling of the program.
- Eight (8) small group sessions (online): with parents hosted by S-LP. Consists of presentation by the S-LP, discussions, groupwork in small groups, and elaboration of a home plan to implement strategies learned.
- One (1) pre-program consultation (at Centre): informal assessment with S-LP (approx. 1.5 hours) with parent and child.
- Three (3) video-feedback sessions (at Centre): 60 minute-sessions with S-LP, with parent and child.
- Laptop, desktop computer or iPad (please note that smartphones do not have a large enough screen)
- Access to Zoom
- High-speed internet
- Email access
- Adobe Reader (free install) to fill out online documents
Program includes 12 sessions
Cost: $2,200 (payment taken after orientation session)
Additional cost: book : $54 USD
Order the book here: https://www.hanen.org/Shop/Products/More-Than-Words-Guidebook-(2nd-Edition).aspx